1. I’m in a weird place with The Voice. At the beginning of this season it was always the last show in our DVR that we watched. The 2 or 3 hour shows are painful to sit through and to be honest, we fast forward through all of the personal stories and filler crap. I didn’t get invested in anyone until really late in the season – and then they went home. Not really sure how Tessanne made it as far as she has, definitely not her biggest fan. But Jacquie Lee? Um, where the hell did she get a voice like that? It’s kind of ridiculous to hear a teenager belt songs out the way she does. Anyway, after this season I’m not sure if we’ll watch anymore. Kinda over it.
2. Have you seen how WestJet made hundreds of passengers’ Christmas wishes come true? Pretty damn cool.
3. This and this brought back memories of the way too many years I spent in the service industry. If you’re a former (or current) server/bartender, you’ll be nodding your head agreeing with each and every point. And even if you’ve never stepped in a restaurant to do anything other than stuff your face, they’re still worth a read to see how NOT to piss off the people who handle your food.
4. Brad and I have opposing opinions on which Home Alone movie is the best. His is the original and mine is Lost in New York. Generally I despise all sequels (don’t ruin a good thing!) but for some reason Home Alone 2 doesn’t fall in that bucket. I love Kevin McAllister livin’ it up at the Plaza Hotel. Which is your favorite?
5. I’m a serial returner. As in, I buy things and 9 times out of 10 they go straight back to the store. I don’t know if it’s impulse buying or buyer’s remorse. Obviously it happens way too often because any time I’m about to click “Submit Order” on something, Brad asks me why I’m buying something I’m going to return anyway. YOU DON’T KNOW ME! Okay fine, nine years later I guess you probably know me. I’ve even tried waiting a week or two before buying something to make sure I realllllllly want it. Unfortunately the outcome is still the same: return, return, return. So strange. If anything, it’s good for my credit cards.